Although speaking is the most rudimentary form of communication, in order to do it properly, we need to stay up-to-date on the latest trends just like any industry, otherwise we risk losing relevance. We may have the greatest message. But if we can’t express it clearly, concisely and with vigor, we can’t expect it to make the impact on our listeners that our message deserves.
Here are a few tips to help keep your presentation fresh and impactful:
- Don’t over-practice or over-think your speech.
- Speak like you sing. Breath and make it easy on the listeners’ ears.
- Don’t use useless visual aids.
- Test your jokes on honest friends first.
- Pretend you are speaking to friends.
- Arrive early and test out the tech stuff.
- Be up-to-date on your tech and visuals.
- Finish strong with a clear and concise call-to-action.
Click this link to read details about each of these suggestions.